Home Extensions is a great way to create much needed extra space in your home, accommodate a growing family or adapt to modern living requirements.
Firstly, home extensions add both space and value to the property.
Secondly, it allows you to add in that extra room.
Thirdly, you have always dreamt of, whether for a quiet haven for you to open up a book or a bathroom to no longer have to wait in the morning queue. We extend the older houses with character after those looking for a home with charm and history.
However, buying and restoring an existing house may not be enough for the needs of a growing family if the home lacks precious square metres.
Expanding old houses, such as Federation cottages, Victorian terrace houses and mid-century brick homes, is often the only solution. But, it can be a tricky balancing act. Modern home extension designs that respect the original footprint of an older building require careful planning. Also, it is essential to understand what type of extension will be in use and who will be using it.
Home extensions have several substantial benefits:
- It limits your involvement in a volatile and unpredictable housing market.
- You avoid getting involved in negotiating a mortgage in a post-credit-crunch world.
- It avoids the inconvenience of having to pack your entire life away for the duration of works.
- There is no loss of all the advantages and benefits that brought you to your current area in the first place.
- You have almost total flexibility to extend upwards with a loft conversion or even downwards with a basement conversion.
- The end product is a new space tailored to your needs: extend existing rooms; build big rooms or just more rooms: the choice is yours.
If you’re thinking of a Home Extension project, you’re in the right place.